Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fall FAL time...

Dear Rhonda at http://www.quilterinthegap.com/ is hosting her usual Finish Along for the 3rd quarter. If you're interested in participating please link up here Even though I'm embarrassed to say that I did NOT finish any of my projects that I swore to in the second quarter, I made progress. So I decided to  link up one more time in hopes of finishing those, and then some.  Here we go!

1. My log cabin quilt has all the borders sewn on now AND a pieced backing from the leftover fabrics. Needs to be basted, quilted, and bound.


2. My rose topiary roses are still in the drawer... :)


3. The monkey quilt needs a backing, requested to be all kinds of blues and aquas, basted, quilted and bound.


4. My famous Craftsy BOM blocks which I chose to make in blue and white. There's one more block missing, which is a  wonky log cabin block. Somehow I'm having a hard time making wonky  stuff, why is that?  It'll be a baby quilt for my friend's first grandchild, Dominik.

















5. The pink&white Dresden plate quilt for my friend's 1 year old baby. I'm working on piecing the backing from the leftover tumblers and have a  piece of "fatback" that I'll incorporate. After that I need to baste, quilt, bind.


6. Last, but not least there's a tote bag I started, no photo unfortunately. It needs lining and straps.

Please consider to join the fun, She has some pretty nice sponsors and great prizes!

"Til we blog again! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have a hard time with wonky stuff. I just can't cut it wonky! Love your log cabin - log cabin quilts just make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You almost have to point a shot gun at me to finish any thing these days, put I will stop by Quilter In The Gap to see what is shaking. Love your quilt and your Craftsy blocks, the white and blue looks so cool. I am behind in some of my blocks espeacily the wonky log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty quilts! That log cabin one is AMAZING! And I love the Dresden plate baby quilt too - so sweet. I am looking forward to seeing all your Craftsy blocks come together - such pretty fabric! Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing Katka! Absolutely gorgeous!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! You have craftsy's July dresdens completed! I'm very much behind! I still have a second hexy block to make. The blue and white are wonderful! Also love the pink monkey quilt... and I don't like pink...

    ReplyDelete

I am truly glad you visited, and a special thanks to You for taking your time to leave a comment! It always makes me smile when people write to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)