Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 FAL Second quarter

Since I was so behind in the podcasting world I just started to find quilting podcasts on iTunes at the end of last year. I downloaded all of them and slowly catching up with everybody. It's very hard to select who I sill tackle next :) That's what happened with Rhonda's Quilter in the Gap podcast. I finally caught up with her a couple of weeks ago, but it was way too late to participate in her 2012 FAL first quarter. I decided that it's OK, there will be a second quarter, so here I am.

The projects I would like to see finished this quarter are:

Queen size Log cabin quilt for Fiance:


Since this picture I've put borders on it and pieced the back so it only needs to be basted, quilted, and bound.

I need to finish this twin size monkey  quilt for Nikki:


I still need to piece the backing for this one, baste, quilt, and bind it.

I'd like to do something with these roses that are laying around:


I started it for a rose topiary quilt which I saw on Simply Quilts years ago. Since then I bought some more beautiful ribbons and would like to make some more roses out of those. They're really fun to make.

And of course those that I haven't even started yet :)
  • a tote bag (got fabric for it at Jo-Ann on sale last week, will use pattern from Tone Finnanger's  Sew Sunny Homestyle book)
  • double wedding ring quilt for my cousin's wedding
  • and all those in my tab quilts and gifts to make :)

1 comment:

  1. All your projects look wonderful! The scrappy log cabin makes me want to snuggle by a fire. Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete

I am truly glad you visited, and a special thanks to You for taking your time to leave a comment! It always makes me smile when people write to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)