Sunday, February 12, 2012

Free motion quilting practice Week #2

It was a nice day Today. To celebrate, I went to Jo-Ann. I needed to pick up some  spray adhesive for one of the pictures we had printed out on canvas to use it as a hanging picture in our office. It looks like this (You can see the top left corner separation from the back already):

Budapest, Pest side taken from Buda Castle, Fishermen's Bastion


Jo-Ann has a 40% sale on rotary cutting supplies so I picked up an 18x24 cutting mat to replace my 11 year old warped old Olfa cutting mat. I also bought a rotary mat which I could've used when I had to square up my half square triangles for several of my projects. I needed machine quilting gloves because at my practice Yesterday I just could not grab on the fabric with my bare hands (just to mention I have child size hands). I got some Sulky thread after the suggestion from Katie from Katie's Quilting Corner. I desperately wanted to buy some Olfa frosted ruler in different sizes, but they didn't have any :( They became my favorite, though I have to say I haven't tried the creative grids since I just can't seem to get my hands on them anywhere I go. Guess just have to live without them for now :) Also got some embroidery pearl cotton, velcro, and of course some REALLY  nice fabrics that were on 25% off sale. They were originally $12.99 a yard and I was not willing to pay that much for sure.  Here they are:


As you can see I broke the bank Today, but I'm very happy with  my purchases.
After having lunch and doing the dishes (UGH!) while listening to Katie's Quilting Corner podcast ( I don't know how I could do the chores without them) I started to sandwich my fabrics that I used Today's practice, it looked like this:

The bottom part I left empty so I could practice  the meandering in rows (which was brand new to me, I never did it with this technique).

I marked the lines so I could  have my doodles to stay within the marks. They came out like this:




And here's the whole cloth I made:



That's all I did Today, I don't know if I'll have time to do some more Tomorrow since I'll have a busy day and will not get home before 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am truly glad you visited, and a special thanks to You for taking your time to leave a comment! It always makes me smile when people write to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)