Sunday, March 25, 2012

Questions answered

I've been idle this week due to not being home. My  friends went for a trip and asked me to stay over to look after their 2 doggies and a kitty. I've been taking long walks with the dogs and even longer cuddles with the cat :)
Spring is in full bloom this week so I took  some pictures with my phone on our walk a few days ago. Unfortunately I can't share the smells with the pictures, they were amazing!


I  had kind of a rough morning today. We decided to neuter our boys since they're more inside cats than outside. I just can't deal with the 4 AM singing every day anymore. They go outside, but come back in after a while and would not be OK to be outside 24/7. We were planning to slowly increase their outside time, but it just does not work that way. They stay inside most of the day and just like to  lay in front of the entrance door and sniff at the bushes when it's sunny.
They were terrified when we put them in the box. I had to pull over after 5 minutes of driving to put them on the seat next to me so I could put my hand through the cage and pet them to let them know I'm there. It  was wearing me down, I've never had any animals neutered before so I just didn't know what to expect. They were done so quickly that I was on my way home with them within an hour and a half. They're recovering and it just makes me really sad that I can't be with them right now. One of them is my baby since I had to bottle feed him since he was  born (Mama cat abandoned him), he thinks I'm his Mommy :) We  love them both dearly!
I'll be back  to normal on Tuesday and will dive into the sewing room with full speed! I miss my sewing heaps. I did some hemming and small house-type sewing by hand, but it's not the same when it doesn't involve a sewing machine  or at least a quilt! I could do a big dent on catching up on podcasts. I've been listening to Pam's Hip to be a  Square podcast and I'm on episode 43 already! I only started a week ago on Friday (been driving around a lot).
Next week (which for me starts on MONDAY)  I'll be working on:
  • more Easter baskets, this time I won't be piecing nine patches, but use a whole piece of fabric for the sides
  • trying to make a wrap Easter basket from Katie's tutorial
  • start  piecing the backing for the log cabin quilt
  • more organizing in my sewing room
Despite the fact the I'm away from home I have a little more time to read. I've found these questions on Rhonda's blog so I thought I might just play along and answer them.
Here we go!

1. What's your favorite part of the quilt making process?
Binding, hands down! There's  no better feeling than stitching the binding on and when you're finished, you're DONE! Besides,  I love to do handwork.

2. If you had to pick one favorite quilt who's/which one would it be?
Bohemian Rhapsody by Ricky Tims. I love the look of applique, feathers and hand dyed fabrics and he combines the three.

3.  If you had to pick one favorite quilt who's/which one would it be?
I  also love Karen McTavish's whole cloth trapunto quilts. I think they look amazing! (Don't have a specific favorite)

4. Give me an example of something you have made that you are really proud of?
My last finished quilt called Lili's flowers. I used chenille technique on it and people were going crazy, so I  had to make a tutorial  which was featured at craft gossip :)

5. Who in your life do you most admire and why?
My grandparents. They have so much determination. They always had so much energy and just kept going no matter what without a complaint. Now they're old (Grandpa almost 89, Grandma 82) and slowing down.

6. If I were coming over for dinner what would you cook me?
Either my killer turkey burger  (no bun) or some special Hungarian dish, I would let you choose :) 

7. If you could buy any fabric bundle you could right now (someone else was paying) what would it be?
Good Fortune by Kate Spain. I just haven't seen any fabrics by her that I didn't like. She's my favorite at least for now!

8. What's your favorite movie?
Now this is a tough one. I'm not famous for making up my mind :) Probably the Lord of  The Rings trilogy

9. If money was no object, what's your favorite holiday?
Again... so many places to see! Australia and New Zealand to start with :) Why is  Zealand underlined in red????? I even googled it just to make sure of the spelling :)

10. What part of your body do you like the most?
My eyes

11. What  inspired you to first start sewing/quilting?
My Mom went to tayloring high school. When I was about 11 She started to work from home to make heavy duty working gloves. I watched  her a lot and wanted to learn how to sew. So when She wasn't working I sneaked down to the  basement and started to sew myself. When She noticed because I goofed up something She banned me and offered her treadle Singer sewing machine. I made a lot of clothes for myself through high school and when I started to work. Then one day my cousin showed me a simple patchwork quilt made from squares in a store window I thought to myself oh, it's easy, I can make that! But  I just never tried quilting... not until about 5 years later when I started to watch  Simply Quilts on TV in 2000. 

Since I'm not famous (yet, haha!) I will not post any questions. I  just wanted to show Rhonda that She still has some readers who care to answer her questions. Thank you Rhonda, it was fun!

3 comments:

  1. I was just on my way to check on you :) I'm so glad that you had a fun time with your friends! I love the hand binding too :) it's So relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so pretty!! I wish I had foliage like that around here. Flowers wilt terribly in the Florida heat. Healing thoughts to the boy kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed learning more about you! I would prefer the Hungarian Dish!!! Hmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am truly glad you visited, and a special thanks to You for taking your time to leave a comment! It always makes me smile when people write to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)