After finishing my Spider Web block last night I started my hexies for the April blocks. The video has suggestions for the English paper piecing method, but I kind of don't want to take the extra step to remove all the basting so decided to make them my way. Surprised? :)
I've collected round plastic things (e.g. sour cream and cream cheese tops, Chinese takeout tops, etc.) and traced the template on them. After cutting them out I punched a hole in each with my hole punch. I took the fabrics I wanted to use (needed 13 of them) and pinned the templates on the wrong side, trimming the fabric down leaving about a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Next step was to tuck 2 sides in and pinch it with my thumb getting ready to baste.
I took a threaded needle and stitched 2-3 stitches to secure it.
I was going around the whole shape doing the same thing.
And finally back to where I started, it's all done.
All 13 of them together:
My helpers for the day were:
Kormi helped me keeping me on my toes, making sure I can't sit down to baste.
He even volunteered to find my thimble in my sewing box.
Szundi made sure I'm burning extra calories with standing. His favorite place is wherever I need to be sitting/sewing/or whatever.
'Til we blog again! :)