Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Broken Spider Web Block done

Yaay, another block done for March, so happy! This time I've cut the   foundation square 1/8 inch bigger than instructed and trimmed it at the end about the same :) I incorporated some more fabrics in this one to make it look more scrappy. No frustrations this time! I assembled the block after I got home this evening (Fiance went fishing, hurrah for fishing season!) while watching Step Up 3. Love that movie, love the dancing and the music, can't watch it enough times.

Finally a picture of my finished Broken Spider Web block:


I had another finish Today. I finished reading the Hunger Games books! Great story line, if you haven't read it yet, you must! Someone told me that it will end sadly so I  expected something totally different, and I have to say I kind of liked the end of it. I was not crazy about the movie, it looked kind of slow in the beginning and if I haven't read the book before I would've even been bored... I'll watch it again when it comes out on DVD and maybe it'll grow on me, who knows? I heard excellent ravings about it  and a lot of people liked it, I'm thinking did I miss something? Anyways... back to the sewing room and start the blocks for April!

'Til we blog again! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your block looks PERFECT! Was this paper foundation piecing easy to do? I thought of making X-string blocks using this method but worried about the points not matching perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks ROCK!! I can't wait to see this quilt all finished. ...and about the Hunger Games, I can't make myself finish the last one :(

    ReplyDelete

I am truly glad you visited, and a special thanks to You for taking your time to leave a comment! It always makes me smile when people write to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)