Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

Despite the fact that  I only started   blogging this year I'd like to put a few things down to remember throughout the year. In 2012 I'd like to achieve the followings:

Make some more pillow cases for the 1 million pillowcase challenge. In  case you haven't heard it  for details click here: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/ So far I made this one out of flannel baby fabric:


Put borders on, make backing, sandwich, baste and quilt the log cabin quilt top for Fiance. I started this quilt in 2006 and paper pieced the top throughout the year. I had it sewn together by the end of 2006 and since then it's kind of sitting in the box I've put it. A few months ago before my machine quilting class I took it out and started to put borders on it which doesn't show on this picture. It's there, trust me! :) He's nagging me about finishing it and even got me the previously mentioned sewing machine to quilt it so no more excuses that it doesn't fit under my domestic sewing machine. It's a queen size... Go figure!





Put borders on, make backing, sandwich and  quilt this baby quilt for  my friend's daughter. The baby was born in November and they weren't 100% sure if it's going to be a girl so I didn't start making the quilt until after the baby was born. Now She's here and I whipped the top together in 2 days, using fusing technique for the first time. I decided to do the flower edges with chenille, which also my first try. Now I'm putting the borders on. Will post some more pictures later when the top is finished.


Hopefully it'll look something like this when it's done (design was done with my brand new EQ7):




I need to finish this Monkey Quilt with just piecing the backing and quilting it:



Now that I'm looking at this picture I just realized that I could have placed the polka dot squares so they'd read as a diagonal across the top. Too late, it is what it is, I'm not ripping any seams on this one. I'm actually quiet happy with the top it is kind of straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am truly glad you visited, and a special thanks to You for taking your time to leave a comment! It always makes me smile when people write to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)