Hi Everybody and Happy New Year!
Since you could read it in my last blog post you know it by now that I managed to sign up to another BOM project for this year. This one is called the Lucky Star BOM hosted by Elizabeth Dackson @Don't call me Betsy.
She emailed the January block yesterday and I started to work on it, but had to put it aside and I finished it after I got home.
I'm gonna try to follow her color suggestions which happened to be yellow-orange-red this month, very similar to the one I made for the test block blogged here.
I'll keep working on my Easy Street mystery quilt and in order to do that I'll have to go back to previous weeks' instructions and cut the required fabrics to finish it up. I didn't do the pre-cutting when Bonnie suggested it since I knew I was using a different method to sew the blocks (not the Easy Angle rulers) and to do that I had to cut my fabric patches to different sizes every time we were making shapes other than rectangles or squares. I didn't want to end up with my patches pre-cut just to find out I needed a different size. Now I'm paying for it since I'll have to do the catch-up cutting all at once :)
They are the following:
- Part 2 requires 64- 2" x 3.5" rectangles out of black&white prints
- Part 3 requires 2- 3" green squares cut into 4 half-square triangles
- Part 4 requires 145- 3.5" squares out of the green fabrics
- Part 6 requires 128 double brick 3.5" squares, I only have 33, so need to make 95 more when my b&w fabrics arrive
- Part 6 also requires 19- 5.5" green squares cut into quarter square triangles
- Need to sew the 64 rectangles to the flying geese
- When it's all done I'll just have to follow the block instructions to put everything together. Piece of cake. NOT! :)
Now that I've put all my cards out on the table it's time to go to bed.
'Til we blog again! :)