I've been getting ready for Christmas in the past week and it included the making of some Christmas cards for my friends. Tonight I finally finished the tree trunks on the few that was left and took a picture of them. One is missing since I sent that one away already and I'm not sure they got it...
My quilting-blogging friend Chrissie told me about a tutorial at Stitched in Color which I really loved and it even had the downloadable tree pattern. Not that I can't draw my own, but it was a lot more convenient :))
then decided to make my own and those are the ones where the scraps go horizontally.
The fabrics are not necessarily Christmas fabrics, just pulled whatever scraps I though would look good.
The 2 "odd-balls" are my own design, one from scraps and the other one is just a sawtooth star.
The fabrics are all sewn on the cards by machine.
I promised myself that I won't do the next part of Easy Street until I get my Christmas list done. It's kind of long at this point.
- I have to finish the monkey quilt (Haha, RIGHT! the back is not even pieced at this point!)
- Make a Sunshine pillow cover, possibly with zipper for my friend's daughter (the one with the Dresden Plate quilt from the same fabrics)
- Folded fabric Christmas ornaments x4 (5?)
- Make a Christmas tree skirt (If I still have time)
- Christmas cookie baking (that will have to get done for sure!)
P.S. I really want to cut up the fabrics for Easy Street Part 4 at least so I'm not THAT much behind! But I was thinking I could use them as leaders and enders while piecing the back for monkey. I'll be away next weekend so everything has to be done before that. Yeah. I know!
'Til we blog again! :)