Remember the top when it looked like this?:
I love the design and wanted to make it float and stand out so I pieced some background fabrics together for a fairly wide border. I like it much better now. I was thinking to put squares in the middle of each of the borders so the square pattern can come together, but it would've been too much hassle, so I just decided against it.
It turned out this way:
It's a rainy day outside so I had to ask Fiance to hold the top up for me, pardon the fingers!
I also made the binding @pantsfreesia-style!
Now I'm just waiting for the backing to arrive which I ordered from Hancocks of Paducah since they had a sale going on, plus I got a 20% off coupon code in the email for Mother's day, so win-win for me! I have so many thing to do, and I really don't feel like piecing the backing for now.
I took pictures of how I did the borders without using a measuring tape, and will write up a tutorial on that in tomorrow's post.
'Til we blog again! :)